私の日本の経験: Future Plans
Thursday, August 13, 2009

Future Plans

Alright everyone, as you may know I have been back in the States for the last month or so, and therefore haven't had anything of Japanese interest to really report. For those of you who followed my quest and may have lingering questions, feel free to respond to this post with them and I'll get on it to respond.

In case you were wondering :

  • I am still listening to Japanese and Korean Music almost exclusively.
  • Taiko for the Wii did in fact work on my Wii after some "fixing", and it's very Japanese and very fun.
  • I do miss Japan, but the States aren't so bad.
  • McDonald's is not my lifelong dream job -_-;;
  • I miss having real ramen as American ramen that can be bought in stores is no substitute for the real thing. Think of it like this, you want a turkey sandwich but what you're given is a turkey lunchable.
Alright, so my plans. As some of you may have seen before, I threw together a 30 minute slideshow a couple years back about my school, life, and other things. Well, I was thinking on a more grand scale this time and what I'm thinking involves is a giant slideshow featuring hundreds of pictures with commentary, music, and free food. Alright, so maybe not free food, but the rest of it. But before you think like "Oh shit, this kid is going to make a slideshow that takes 4 hours to watch", fear not. My plans involve Chapters of sorts, complete with DVD menus and any options I can figure out. I have some software that should theoretically do this, but there are no promises.

So yeah, look forward to that, eh, I don't know when. Maybe by 2010? Depends how into it I get, as sifting through 7,000+ pictures can be a bit troubling, and putting it to music and commenting can be a tricky thing. The finished product, ideally, will be a DVD with Menus, ranging content from my arrival, to trips, to other relevant categories, all totalling maybe 2 or 3 hours. There is no obligation to watch it all at once, or all at all, but those are my plans. The finished product will of course be free, but you know... donations are happily accepted. =P When I get further along in the development process I'll update this blog again, so until then, enjoy the rest of August!

~ダミアン

3 comments:

Anata-no oji said...

Damian

Glad to hear you are well. I look forward to the DVD. So, what are your non-Japan related plans? Will you graduate in June? Any "plans" to try to incorporate Japanese or your love of the country into your job or future? At one time I considered becoming a Foreign Service Officer (the people who work in US Embassies) with the intent of parlaying my knowledge into being stationed in Japan.

We would be happy to show you around San Francisco and Northern California in general if you get out this way.

Claude

Damian said...

Ah yeah, haha, I didn't really mention my non-Japanese related plans, but here goes:

I am still scheduled to graduate this coming May with a degree in Linguistics, and a Minor in Computer Science and Japanese. I don't know if I am going to incorporate Japanese into my future job, if it means living in Japan I'm not sure I could do that to Marissa, but if it's just being involved with the language somehow that's definitely an option.

Another option is Grad School, and if I were to go to Grad School I think I'd go into Brain and Cognitive Science, it's really interesting stuff. And I do know that I really don't want to go too much into Computer Science, I really love computers and like to think I have a rather strong grasp on how they work, but coding, developing, or creating new technology is something I'd rather let other people that want to do that do.

If I ever plan on visiting the area out there I'll definitely let you know ahead of time so I might take you up on that offer!

jlarue6245@verizon.net said...

Hi, Damian.. this was such a nice way of closing your blog temporarily.. this DVD sounds exciting.. we would like a copy of the other DVD you made. we saw some of it, your dad showed us.. anyway.. this could be so wonderful.. working at McDonald's is a job.. it gives you money you need now.. we hope you will fly down to florida and visit with us during spring break... let us know if you are interested. we will send you a ticket or money to purchase a ticket... okay.. We love you,Damian.. and thanks again... Gram and Papa