私の日本の経験: 九十九里浜に行ったよ!
Sunday, July 05, 2009

九十九里浜に行ったよ!

Meaning, I went to "Kujukuri Beach". It is on the East Coast of Chiba, it was pretty nice and a nice trip out of Tokyo. I went by myself with the hopes that maybe I could go swimming, but it turns out that they don't have places to put your stuff of change and whatnot (everyone drives there apparently, and 95%+ of the people were surfing) so I didn't get to. It was a really long walk, about 30 minutes from the nearest station, so I think they figure that if people get there than perhaps they either live close or have a car to put their stuff in. Either that or I didn't find the right place to go swimming, haha, but the water that I walked into was nice up to my shorts =P

So I don't have much to say, other than I have exactly a week left here, all my final papers are done, our class talked the History professor out of giving us a final, and all I have left is a few things in Japanese. I want to check out a few more places, but if I don't get to I'm content with what I've done / seen. I'm actually pretty excited to go back. To see Marissa, family, eat tacos, spend the rest of the summer with Marissa, Homebrew my Wii and play Taiko on it, maybe get a PSP and (for legal reasons text removed, haha) with it, among other things.

So basically, check out the new pictures and I'll see everyone (that is where I'm going back to) in about a week!

Oh, and I guess it was my birthday since I last posted. I honestly forgot. I only told like, 3 people here. Thanks for everyone that sent cards or emailed me though =)

Random! : http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2083225&id=3708410&l=39d34fbadc
Beach Trip! : http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2083384&id=3708410&l=a8e1f5fcb4
Day 100, Not Planned, but my Birthday : http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2083129&id=3708410&l=eb317398eb
Makuhari, I forgot I didn't post these : http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2083101&id=3708410&l=4a17a2caf9

8 comments:

Rob said...

Man, it sure has gone fast. When you get back we need to hang out. Even if we have to bring the "Lets shanghai Damian" back into action. :P
Really though, we need to hang out, even if it comes to that.

Gr.M said...

Hi,I'm so sorry to hear that you didn't get a chance to actually swim at the beach.If most were surfing then there must be some good size waves there.
Glad to hear that you talked the prof. out of giving the final. Looks like now all you have to do is pack & relax & enjoy the few days you have left.
We are addicted to your blog & pictures & have really enjoyed all of it. It has made us feel in a way as though we have been with you through some of it & have had a chance to experience Japan through your eyes.
Of course it will be even better to have you here in person so we certainly are looking forward to that.
Love you,
Gr. Mom

jlarue6245@verizon.net said...

Hi, Damian.. just looked at the first 104 photos.. the water did look dirty.. the places didn't look like the other places you visited.. the food looked okay.. hope you enjoyed it.. you really do commute a distance , guess I missed that somehow.. sorry, you were not able to purchase the stuff you wanted,and couldn't swim.. they both are disappointing.. we just returned from Massena.. over the holiday.. did you celebrate at all over the 4th of July? enjoy the last week.. have really enjoyed your blog.. thanks Gram and Papa

jlarue6245@verizon.net said...

Hi,Damian.. liked your trip to the ocean.. it was a very nice trip.. alone you did this? the green fields and the beautiful hybiscus, were special.. the houses did look like the real people live there.. more country folks. like us. glad you were able to see the ocean. the surfers looked like they were having a great time. sea looked quite violent. the fish and crabs dead, made me think of the same thing that happens at our oceans. pollution.... of some sort.. so happy that you are still site seeing.. enjoy.. Gram and Papa

jlarue6245@verizon.net said...

Hi, Damian.. the foods looked good this time.. glad you enjoyed them.. the pokeman stuff is great.. yes, that is some store.. I don't think we have that kind of store here in our area? we have game stores though.. we took the kids to see Ice Age 111 and Hangover, last night at the drive in.. it was fun. chilly though.. the kids sat outside, and were cold but wanted to be there. we stayed inside car and comfy.. kept asking them to come in.. it was about 60 .. so glad you are still looking around.. did you get your grades.. yet? love you. Gram and Papa

jlarue6245@verizon.net said...

Hi, Damian.. well. tomorrow is the 12th.. You will be traveling home.. sad so sad.. but your family and Marissa will be glad , glad.. Your spaghetti and sauce looked good. the breakfast meal was different.. omelet and weiners of some sort.. well this was some vacation through your eyes, and photos.. GREAT!!!!!.. thanks so much.. the spider didn't look inviting.. don't like them.. the floweres were beautiful.. take care. safe trip home. love , Gram and Papa

jlarue6245@verizon.net said...

Hi, Damian.. you are home.. congratulations on a wonderful productive trip... we appreciated the wonderful adventure... enjoy your room, girlfriend and your precious family... we love you.. Gram and Papa

jlarue6245@verizon.net said...

Gooooood Bye Japan.... Gram and Papa