私の日本の経験: 行った小さい旅行 ・ A small trip I took
Saturday, June 06, 2009

行った小さい旅行 ・ A small trip I took

Today it rained in the morning, but the afternoon took me by surprise by not raining. Because I didn't have anything better to do at the moment, I decided to take a walk and see where I would end up. I wanted to see the river / whatever you call a body of water that comes from an ocean. Perhaps a bay? I don't know, it's not round, it's very river-like, haha, so make of it what you will. Anyway. I ended up there today and walked to a station and caught a train back to my own station. It was fun and along the way I saw some interesting things.

First were the cats. Japan has a lot of cats if you look for them. I have a new appreciation for cats and I think that they have a deeper purpose in life. For example, there is this black cat near our building that I see a lot and I've seen it near the temple out back, and I feel that it is connected to the temple in a way that only it knows. Perhaps I'm just making things deeper than they are, but making up things like that can make the world seem so much more interesting, haha.

Back to the cats I saw today. The first was a wild cat perhaps, and there was a guy trying to feed it something, and the cat was semi-interested and came up from the bank that it was on. Then an older guy with a bag of what looked to be cat food came up and gave the cat some, and the cat came right over. Perhaps it was his cat, perhaps not. The second cat was awesome, there was this lady walking down the street with the cat kind of perched on her shoulder. Having never seen anything like this in public, I was entertained. Pictures of both, along with the boatyard and my journey, are in my album marked with the 74th / 75th day in it.

As for the 73rd day, I went on a field trip to a History Museum and to the Imperial Palace. Well, to the Imperial Palace, but didn't walk around the outside. The teacher gave us the option to leave if we wanted, and I did, but only because I went by myself a couple weeks ago. On the trip though I got some neat pictures of the history museum, not so blurry like the first history museum we went to. At this one they had a second floor of older era Tokyo toys, but the camera rules were unclear there so I didn't get pictures, but the downstairs exhibits I did. I also got a really great (not to mention super creepy) picture of elderly Japanese ladies. I don't know why, but it's an amusing picture to me, because I was just walking by and snapped a shot of some older ladies >_<

Well, here are the albums. For those of you with Facebook Accounts with access to all my albums, the Day 73 you're looking for is the one with "Re-Upped" in it's title, Facebook somehow lost my other album and is going under maintenance on it... for the last 3 days. So I just reuploaded it, no harm done. It might come back at some point, but it wasn't that hard just to put them all up again, haha.

Day 73 - History Museum, etc : http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2081048&id=3708410&l=1518ea8cad
Day 74 - 75 : Little Trip to Myoden : http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2081045&id=3708410&l=7eb3017881

Enjoy! ^_^ PS. It's okay if you don't get to them for a bit, I realize that I dumped the Okinawa ones on you all at once, haha. 1,350 pictures probably takes a while, haha.

2 comments:

jarue6245@verizon.net said...

Hi, Damian. wow !! 73 days.. time sure is flying by.. how is school going..? Kanda university looks to be quite modern.. and clean and very nice.. do you have a preference you like best? When is your last day in school? the museum looked like it had the old historial living ways, and the carts that the japanese use to ride in.. the cooking areas and furniture is old time stuff. interesting though. the blue Hydrangias sure are beautiful. wish I could get mine to flower.. Papa is out hotdoggin today.. take care. Gram and Papa

jlarue6245@verizon.net said...

Hi,Damian.. I looked at 74-75.. I wasn't able to click each one and see it larger and see your comments, so I lost a lot with that segment. the cats looks healthy enough. probably stray though. the boats and the bay looked nice. the ice cream looked delic... being I couldn't see the comments I don't know what I was going on.. darn... anyway.. it looked good.. I mailed your birthday card... let me know when you get it.. i mailed it early so you could enjoy it before you left Japan. only 1 month left? right. Gram & Papa